Thursday, October 21, 2010

Commencement

“There are two things wrong with almost all legal writing. One is its style. The other is its content.”
– Fred Rodell, Yale Law Professor.

As a recently graduated law student/bar exam passer/attorney, nearly all of the writing that has come across my computer screen over the past 4 years has been legal writing. Memos, briefs, position papers, exam answers, etc., etc. All in the dreaded IRAC format and all very technical. While most of this writing has been quite interesting, it was never particularly enjoyable to write.

Thus this site is a gift to myself to explore all types of things that have nothing to do with the law. Posts will follow my interests, such as sports and entertainment, but also observe many of qualities of legal writing, including the important of quality research. This site is just a place for me to ramble and expound on ideas that I find interesting. So apologies in advance...

No comments:

Post a Comment