Sunday, February 27, 2011

Movies


As the Oscars are tonight, here is my top ten list for 2010.  It took me a little longer to see most of the Oscar nominated movies because of moving to a new city and the awfulness that was the New Jersey Bar.  I’ve put them 1 through 10 although I am not totally sure about the rankings. I liked all of these movies or else they wouldn’t be in the top 10.  


  1. True Grit
  2. Social Network
  3. Exit Through the Gift Shop 
    ·         This movie is still messing with me. Was it real? Was it all a big joke on the entire art world? Either way very cool.
  4. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
  5. Restrepo
  6. Inception
  7. Black Swan
    ·         This film was beautifully shot and totally messed up.  I guess I forgot after watching the fairly tame The Wrestler that Darren Aronofsky was the same guy behind Requiem for a Dream.  The scene with Winona Ryder in the hospital is still giving me nightmares.
  8. Winter's Bone
    ·         John Hawkes should win the Oscar for his part. He won’t. But he should.
  9. The Fighter
    ·         A very flawed film saved by some great performances.
  10. The Kids are All  Right

No comments:

Post a Comment